Ever since I was a little girl, Summer was the time my mother would braid my hair. The styles took hours to create, and, of course, I never quite cooperated (which earned me several hand slaps with the comb). However the intricate cornrows would keep my hair untangled through weeks of swimming and day camp. But Summer braids aren’t just reserved for little girls. Many of my friends are still making appointments to get plaits before a big vacation or to take a break from using hot tools for a few months with a protective style. Even Beyoncé and Solange Knowles rock twists when the weather gets warm! From Poetic Justice box braids to Zendaya’s famous faux dreadlocks, I’ve broken down the best braids with extensions for Afro hair this season.
- ‘RHONJ’ Stars Melissa & Joe Gorga List Their 3.5 Million Mansion For Sale
- Holly Marie Combs Showed Off Her Baby Bump On The Red Carpet
- The Family That Dresses Up Together, Stays Together: 35 Family Costume Ideas
- The Blade Runner 2049 Soundtrack Is Here to Keep Your Goosebumps Going Strong
- Runners, Need New Shoes? These Are the Top-Rated Adidas Sneakers